IF YOU DO THIS NOW YOU WILL NEVER BE ADDICTED OR INCARCERATED EVER AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE DELIVERED FROM YOUR OLD LIFE AND GIVEN A NEW ONE THAT JESUS CREATES FOR YOU!!!
1 PETER 5:1-11
LIKEWISE, YOU YOUNGER PEOPLE, SUBMIT YOURSELVES TO YOUR ELDERS. YES, ALL OF YOU BE SUBMISSIVE TO ONE ANOTHER, AND BE CLOTHED WITH HUMILITY, FOR “GOD RESISTS THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.” THEREFORE, HUMBLE YOURSELVES UNDER THE MIGHTY HAND OF GOD, THAT HE MAY EXALT YOU IN DUE TIME, CASTING ALL YOUR CARES UPON HIM, FOR HE CARES FOR YOU. BE SOBER, BE VIGILANT; BECAUSE YOUR ADVERSARY THE DEVIL WALKS ABOUT LIKE A ROARING LION, SEEKING WHOM HE MAY DEVOUR. RESIST HIM, STEADFAST IN THE FAITH, KNOWING THAT THE SAME SUFFERINGS ARE EXPERIENCED BY YOUR BROTHERHOOD IN THE WORLD. BUT MAY THE GOD OF ALL GRACE, WHO CALLED US TO HIS ETERNAL GLORY BY CHRIST JESUS, AFTER YOU HAVE SUFFERED A WHILE, PERFECT, ESTABLISH, STRENGTHEN, AND SETTLE YOU. TO HIM BE THE GLORY AND THE DOMINION FOREVER AND EVER. AMEN.
HERE ARE YOUR STEPS TO FREEDOM:
1) Make Jesus Christ the Lord and Savior of your life by surrendering everything to Him. Romans 10:8-10 ~ But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” that is, the word of faith which we preach: that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Have a Chaplain, Prison Minister or Man or Woman of God lead you in the prayer of salvation or re-commitment to the Lord if you have turned away and confess Jesus Christ aloud and believe Him in your heart)
2) Pick up the bible and start reading and do not put it down. (Start in New Testament – I like John to read first then the other 3 gospels Luke, Matthew and Mark and continue in the other books as led by the Spirit)
3) Go to every church service you can and worship, praise and listen. Romans 10:17 ~ So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Faith comes by hearing)
4) Pray to God now and ask Him to break you and build you back up into new vessel. (Pray, Pray, Pray and PRAY some more. Open constant dialogue with Jesus!)
5) Anytime you begin to worry about ANYTHING give it to the Lord.
6) Do not worry about your family members, loved ones, children, wives or girlfriends for the men, husbands and boyfriends for the women. You cannot do anything for them out there. The best thing you can do for them now is to focus on the Lord and let Him change you into a new person in Jesus Christ. Pray to Jesus and tell Him to watch over these individuals and He will because He is faithful and I know because He did it for me. Focus on Him and how He can change you and build you up for them. (Focus, Focus, Focus…FOCUS – Fixed On Christ Each Day)
7) Start planning now for your release and get accepted to a Christian Sober-Living program (If you are serious about this the Lord will lead you to one)
8) Most importantly is to SURRENDER all to Jesus and then trust He is going to take care of you from now on. SURRENDER is not just a one-time thing. You have to do this daily and sometimes even hourly. Anytime you feel, lonely, overwhelmed, confused, discouraged…give it to Jesus! You have to get to a point where you are sick and tired of trying this thing on your own and you give up all control in every area of your life to Jesus. This is your time now and believe me it is your only HOPE!!! Not doing this will result in failure and having to come back to jail or prison for a do-over! This is the TRUTH! I know what I am talking about because I have done so many do-overs in my lifetime. Guess what? No more do-overs for me because I have finally been set free by surrendering my life to Jesus and becoming His Disciple. There is no addiction or habitual incarceration in Christ Jesus. As we follow Jesus Christ He leads us away from the things that used to have us captive and imprisoned. This is the TRUTH!
2 CORINTHIANS 5:17
THEREFORE, IF ANY MAN BE IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION: OLD THINGS ARE PASSED AWAY; BEHOLD, ALL THINGS ARE BECOME NEW.
It is up to you right now to make a decision to allow your old self to die and pass away and to let God to make you a new creation in Christ Jesus. Choose today and let your Creator break you so He can build you up. Pray to Him now and give Him everything so you can be reborn in the Spirit and made new in Him and then you can truly live. Trade in your old life of death for a new life filled with hope, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control which are fruits of the Spirit promised to us in His Word. SURRENDER to Him now and forever be led by the Spirit and no longer by the desires of your flesh. NOW!!!
~ Your Brother in Christ,
Reverend Michael Bowen